A good safety record is clear evidence of good management, and it is our policy to take every reasonable precaution under the circumstances to prevent injury to employees and damage to property, in addition to protecting the company, its customers, and the public from the results of accidents.
Our Health and Safety policies and procedures have been developed to comply with federal, provincial and local laws and regulations to protect our employees and all persons involved with all Modern Niagara projects. All employees are both trained in and obligated to be knowledgeable about company safety guidelines and regulations, and comply with all rules, procedures, and regulations presented.
Our safety strategy includes:
- Providing necessary leadership, equipment and comprehensive employee training.
- Ensuring compliance with all legislation.
- Developing appropriate Health and Safety programs.
- Ensuring continual improvement through frequent review of all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Designing working environments and tasks to accommodate the capabilities of our employees.
- Protecting the environment by complying with all relevant regulations.
- Providing an immediate and effective response to all unsafe situations.
To achieve these goals, Modern Niagara has established a full time Safety Department. This department is headed by our Director of Safety and includes full time Safety Coordinators and a dedicated Safety Officer in Atlantic Canada.
Safety is the joint responsibility of all our executives, managers, supervisors and employees!